School Uniform and PE Kit
School uniform can be purchased online from https://www.top-stitch.co.uk/products/customer-shops/tidcombe-primary
These can then be delivered to the school for collection.
School Uniform Policy
What a child wears to school reflects their attitude to learning. It portrays the schools’ ethos, shared values and promotes a positive image of the school during off-site visits.
We have a simple uniform, which all pupils are expected to wear.
- white shirt, blouse which should be worn tucked in, or white polo shirt
- grey or black trousers for boys, trouser or skirt for girls.
- burgundy school sweatshirt
- black school shoes (not trainers)
- jewellery is not allowed, with the exception of watches and small plain stud earrings
- Years 5 & 6 children wear white shirt, burgundy V neck jumper and a school tie
In summer we also allow the children to wear black or grey shorts, and for the girls to wear a red gingham dress (with the school sweatshirt on chilly days)
School uniform for P.E./P.E. Kit
It is important for us that children have the correct P.E. kit and change for P.E. lessons. It is not acceptable to just have a favourite T shirt or football top.
- a pair of black or navy shorts
- burgundy school P.E. T-shirt
- suitable footwear ( either plimsolls or trainers)
- in winter the pupils may prefer to wear a black or navy tracksuit
It is also a requirement of this school that all items of clothing and footwear should be clearly marked with your child’s’ name.
For reasons of safety, items of jewellery should generally be kept at home and children with pierced ears should only wear small stud earrings. These will need to be removed or covered during P.E. lessons (we recommend that if you do choose to have your child’s ears pierced that maybe this could be done at the end of Summer Term to allow the 6 weeks as a healing time).
If your child has a verruca they will be required to wear either a verruca sock or plimsoles for indoor PE.