Friends of Tidcombe Parent Teachers Association
Here at Tidcombe Primary School we are very fortunate to have a Parent Teacher Association that works hard raising funds to help provide the school with the extras that current budgets cannot cover.
Some of the projects and resources our funds and time have helped support are:
- Reading books for the Schools Library
- Guided Reading Books
- Accelerated Reader books
- Refresh Year 1/2 Outside area
- The creation of the Outdoor Classroom
- Playground games painting
- Life Saving Course
- Widget Online programme
- SAT’s Breakfast
- School visit from Bonkers Science
- Year 6 Leaver’s hoodies
- Reception/Nursery/Year 1 placement rugs
- Class mini sinks for nursery
- Coach Travel for various School Trips
Most of our funds are raised through organised fun events that you and your children can get involved with and enjoy. We try to organise an event each term, some planned events along with dates confirmed are listed below for you:
- Yummy Friday Cake Sales Each Friday running after the Easter break until October half term
- Neon Disco 23/02/2023
- Foundation and KS1 5:30-6:30pm
- KS2 6:45-7:45pm
- Easter Egg Hunt 31/03/2023
- Summer Fete - TBC
We do require some support to run these events, whether its assisting on a stall at the fete, helping with decorating the school hall prior to events, donating cakes for our cake sales or simply attending the events. Any help and support you can offer at these events is very much appreciated.
Anyone, parent or carer, is welcome to attend any of our committee meetings which are held at school each half term. This is where decisions are made on how best to use the funds raised and suggestions can be made for further events.
If you are unable to attend our meetings but do wish to contribute your fund-raising ideas or suggestions on how funds could be used we welcome your thoughts via our Facebook page or via our email email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at our next meeting or event soon.