Friends of Tidcombe Parent Teachers Association
Here at Tidcombe Primary School we are very fortunate to have a Parent Teacher Association that works hard raising funds to help provide the school with the little extras that current budgets cannot cover.
Our fundraising has enabled us to fund the below for the school between September 2018 and August 2019 (totally £5990):
- New Reading books for the Schools Library Books (£700)
- New Guided Reading Books (£1,322)
- Refresh of the Year 1 and 2 Outside Area which included, a Water Tray, Tables, Chairs, Tray Stand (£1,067)
- The creation of the soon to be finished Outdoor Classroom named The Greener Arena (£896)
- Life Saving Course (£705)
- Widget Online Speech and Language development Programme (£200)
- SAT’s Breakfast (£57)
- Bonkers Science Day (£475)
- Year 6 Leaver’s T-shirts (£168)
- Year 1 Placement Rug (£100)
- Coach Travel for various School Trips (£300)
Most of our funds are raised through organised fun events that you and your children can get involved with and enjoy. We try to organise an event each term, some planned events along with dates if confirmed are listed below for you:
- Yummy Friday Cake Sales
- Halloween Disco – Thursday 17th October 2019
- Foundation and KS1 4:45-5:45pm
- KS2 6-7pm
- Winter Warm Up – Friday 22nd November 2019
- Bonanza -3:30 – 4:30pm
- Bingo eyes down 5:15pm
- Your Childs own Christmas Artwork – these make great family Christmas presents
- Artwork and order forms will be sent home in late October
- Orders forms to be handed in by Friday 15th November
- Gifts to arrive late November
- Easter Event – Date TBC
- Summer Fete – Date TBC
We do require some support to run these events, whether its assisting on a stall at the fete, helping with decorating the school hall prior to events, donating cakes for our cake sales or simply attending the events. Any help and support you can offer at these events is very much appreciated.
Anyone parent or carer is welcome to attend any of our committee meetings which are held at school each half term. This is where decisions are made on how best to use the funds raised. We communicate what funds are raised and how they have been used via posters in our PTA notice board (located at the top of the playground), via our Facebook page (Tidcombe Primary PTA) and via the school newsletter.
If you are unable to attend our meetings but do wish to contribute your fund-raising ideas or suggestions on how funds could be used we welcome your thoughts via our Facebook page, via our email tidcombeprimary firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to have a chat with me in the playground.
We look forward to seeing you at our next event soon.
Tidcombe Primary School PTA Chair