School Uniform and PE Kit
School uniform can be purchased online from https://www.top-stitch.co.uk/products/customer-shops/tidcombe-primary
These can then be delivered to the school for collection.
School Uniform Policy
What a child wears to school reflects their attitude to learning. It portrays the schools’ ethos, shared values and promotes a positive image of the school during off-site visits.
We have a simple uniform, which all pupils are expected to wear.
- White shirt or blouse which should be worn tucked in, or white polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers or grey or black skirt.
- Burgundy school sweatshirt or cardigan
- Black school shoes (not trainers)
- Jewellery is not allowed, with the exception of watches and small plain stud earrings
- Years 5 & 6 children wear white shirt, burgundy V neck jumper and a school tie (please note, school tie is provided to your child from the school).
In summer we also allow the children to wear black or grey shorts, or a red gingham dress (with the school sweatshirt on chilly days).
Hot pants are not considered appropriate school wear.
School uniform for P.E./P.E. Kit
On PE days children will come to school in their PE kit which will be the following:
- Plain black or navy shorts or plain black jogging bottoms in colder weather
- Plain black leggings (no patterns or branding) are acceptable
- Plain black cycling shorts (no patterns or branding) are acceptable, NO hot pants.
- A burgundy PE T-shirt or plain white T-shirt
- Children are to wear their school jumper/cardigan over their PE t-shirt if weather is cold, NO hoodies or other sports tops
- suitable footwear (either plimsolls or plain black trainers, no white soles or branding)
It is also a requirement of this school that all items of clothing and footwear should be clearly marked with your child’s’ name.
For reasons of safety, items of jewellery should generally be kept at home and children with pierced ears should only wear small stud earrings. These will need to be removed or covered during P.E. lessons (we recommend that if you do choose to have your child’s ears pierced that maybe this could be done at the end of Summer Term to allow the 6 weeks as a healing time).
If your child has a verruca they will be required to wear either a verruca sock or plimsolls for indoor PE.
Further information can be obtained on the government website on the cost of school uniform: Cost of school uniforms.pdf